Next Phase of Universal Credit Roll Out for January
Last week, Universal Credit began its roll out across the country for 2016.
Today, more areas will be subject to the new benefits system, which sees six benefits roll into one. It is vital for landlords to be aware of whether their tenants will be receiving the new payments, as landlords will no longer be paid housing benefit directly.
As a result, they may see tenants fall into rent arrears.
Landlords with rental properties in the following postcode areas should discuss any financial changes with their tenants:
- BR1 1, BR1 2, BR1 3, BR1 9, BR2, BR3 3, BR3 4, BR3 5, BR3 6, BR3 9, BR4, BR5, BR6 and BR7 in Bromley.
- CR2, CR3 0, CR4 2, CE4 3, CR4 4, CR5 2, CR7, CR8 1, CR8 2, CR8 3, CR8 4 and CR8 9 in Croydon.
- SE7, SE9 1, SE9 5, SE9 6, SE9 9, SE10 0, SE10 1, SE10 9, SE12 2, SE18, SE20, SE25 6 and SE25 9 of southeast London.
- SW17 0, SW18 4, SW18 5, SE19 and SW20 of southwest London.
- KT3 4, KT3 6, and KT4 8 in Kingston upon Thames.
- TN16 1 and TN16 3 of Tonbridge.
- DN8 4 and DN14 of Doncaster.
- HU13 0, HU13 3, HU14, HU15, HU17 and HU18 in Hull.
- S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, S9, S10, S11, S12, S13, S14, S17, S20, S21 4, S21 5, S32, S33, S35, S36 1, S36 2, S36 3, S36 4 and S61 2 of Sheffield.
- YO8 6, YO15, YO16, YO25, YO41, YO42 and YO43 of York.
We will be detailing all of the latest rollouts of the scheme on LandlordNews.co.uk, so remember to check back for landlord updates.
For the previous January roll out areas, go here: /universal-credit-january-roll-out/