Landlords, Clear Out Your Property and Help a Good Cause!
As a landlord, there will be many times when your rental property is full of clutter that you need to get rid of. Now, there’s a new way to clear out your property for free and help a good cause along the way!
Gone for Good is a free smartphone app (available on iPhone and Android devices) that allows you to get rid of any clothing, furniture, or other household items that may be left over in your property, while helping out local charities.
Whether your tenants have left their belongings behind, you’re replacing furniture in your property, or a tenant is moving in but doesn’t want a furnished property, there are many instances when a landlord will need to remove unnecessary clutter.
Gone for Good allows you to donate these items to local charities and doesn’t cost a thing.
The award-winning app (Gone for Good was recently awarded the Best Not For Profit Project at the Big Chip Awards) helps you turn your clutter into something good for the environment and for those in need.
The service aims to re-channel 6% of the saleable clothing and other items that currently end up in landfill. If it does this, charity shops will receive double their income, which will go towards helping important causes.
Gone for Good also aims to double the amount of stock for those living below the poverty line that rely on charity shops for clothes, children’s toys, furniture and other items.
How can you use the app?
- Download the app – From Google Play or the App Store (or go to www.goneforgood.org.uk).
- Snap it, give it – Take a photo of your item on your phone using the app, so that the charity knows what to expect.
- Your donation, collected – Your chosen charity will collect your item(s) direct from your door.
- Give more, for free – Opt in to Gift Aid and your charity gets more at no extra cost to you.
- Reduce theft – If your charity knows what to expect, you reduce the chances of your donation being lost or stolen.
- Share the love – Tell your friends and family about your donation and encourage them to give too.
Mark Charnock, the Managing Director of Gone for Good, says: “Landlords can play an important role in increasing the amount of goods donations that charities receive. The app has a house clearance function that should appeal to them. And the app also ensures a donation is offered out to other charities if the donor’s chosen one can’t take it. This ensures a donation offer can be dealt with quickly, which is important to landlords. It’s a win-win situation for them. It solves a problem and saves them money.”
If you have any leftover items in your rental property, remember that they need not go to waste; you can get rid of clothes, furniture or other objects for free while helping out those in need and protecting the environment.
Don’t waste money on a removals van – try Gone for Good at www.goneforgood.org.uk!